Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow!

Look at this snow!! I went into work this morning but was sent home five hours later because of this weather. I half expected a snow day this morning, being from Seattle and all. There, even a chance of snow means no school or work. At least I’m starting to feel better though.

Tomorrow is the start of fashion week! Still haven’t heard what show I’ll be able to attend (I’m hoping I still get to). Click on the link to find out the schedule. http://www.mbfashionweek.com/newyork/fall2010/schedule/index.html

To date, these Alexander McQueen python shoes for Spring/Summer 2010 runway, have been the most extraordinary, amazing and absurd designer goods that I've seen. They remind me of hooves or even crab claws, which seems to make sense, since this collection has a very reptilian influence. They are 12 inch heels (at only 5’3, maybe I should invest in a pair, I’d totally wear them and I’d still be shorter than my boyfriend)! These shoes (or stilts rather) were very controversial, so much so that three models including Sasha Pivovarova, Natasha Poly and Abbey Lee Kershaw (who walked in Victoria’s Secret 2009 fashion show) refused to participate. Abbey had previously fainted at a Spring 2009 McQueen show due to a too-tight corset and has fallen and almost fallen during Rodarte’s shows because of too-tall heels as well. Click on the following link to watch Abbey share her opinion and experiences:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/10/model-abby-lee-kershaw-ta_n_456793.html

I love how structured all of the garments are and how they resemble dinosaurs and/or butterflies. While it may look a little out of place in everyday wear, the shoes are selling extensively and it’s no surprise that Ms. Lady Gaga dawns them in Bad Romance.

In other McQueen news, Alexander just announced that Nicole Fox (winner of America’s Next Top Model cycle 13—the petite competition) will be the face of his Spring/Summer 2011 collection! This gives hope to all of the little people out there, not to mention, she’s the first contestant to receive an international campaign!


McQueen photos courtesy of http://www.bryanboy.com/bryanboy_le_superstar_fab/2009/10/alexander-mcqueens-python-armadillo-shoes-spring-2010.html

and www.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment