Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perusing Instead of Snoozing

So it was recently announced that Marc Jacobs and Calvin Klein will be streaming their Fashion Week runway shows live on the Internet. This is good news for all of those who don’t have the golden ticket (myself included) but perhaps not for those with elite access and status. The shows are losing their exclusivity but in this technology driven era, what do we expect? (But can I just say that despite the live streaming, I would still do anything to see the shows live!) Times are changing and with the fashion industry still hurting from the suffering economy, these designers are hoping for big (or at least a slightly bigger) money. Good luck designers—if I had the money, I would help!

Speaking of Marc Jacobs, while perusing the internet, I came across these purses:

What do you think? Price tag: $1,960

Marc Jacobs, the designer of Louis Vuitton, created these trash bag (inspired?) purses. Because they are waterproof, perhaps my girlfriends in Seattle should think about investing…They call this look garbage chic, which interestingly enough is precisely how Ke$ha describes her style. She certainly showed us that look at the Grammys.
Vuitton picture: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/05/louis-vuittons-1960-trash_n_451051.html
Ke$ha picture: http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2010/02/52nd-annual-grammy-rant-13110.html

1 comment:

  1. It reminds me too much of Zoolander to take it seriously. At what point does the fashion become the parody?

    ReplyDelete