Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sprinting in Heels

What a day!!! So yesterday morning I had my invite to the 9:00am Cynthia Steffe show, unfortunately, do to unforeseen subway delays, I was running about 15 minutes late (not that I’m ever on time)! I was so worried that I had missed the show, once I got off the subway I sprinted over to Bryant Park (in heels, I might add).

(Mackage dresses on mannequins)

When I got to the tents people were still filing into the Salon and the show didn’t start for at least another 15 minutes after that! Apparently, no fashion show ever starts on time (thank god). I checked in, flashed my ticket and went to go find a spot (I was given standing room). Just before the show started however, I was offered a seat in the fourth or so row (they like to fill the seats completely). Once the show began I realized that I had a somewhat obstructed view.

The show lasted about 15 minutes and then I walked over to work. When I got to work, the other interns were unpacking the trunks full of clothes and accessories that had just returned from an LA shoot. Look what we found:

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/node/68696

It’s Fergie’s Grammy dress (well, not the exact same one probably). Emilio Pucci. I love this blue dress!

Later in the day I was sent on a run by the editior-in-chief assistant to Saks to pick up some coats (probably for some sort of appearance). I got to enter into the Saks Fifth Club to pick up the garments.

Although Saks was only blocks away from the internship, I wouldn’t recommend walking it in heels (my feet still hurt)! When I got back, my boss offered me 3 more shows to attend that day! The next show was Willow at 3:00pm on 36th and 10th. I walked to the show (in flats this time) and was met by a much more intimate venue. I was surprised however, to find that I was sitting right behind my boss’s boss, the Deputy Fashion Director. Despite getting there late, she and I spoke for a good 20 minutes before the show started. It was amazing getting a chance to speak with her in a more relaxed setting and find out how she got to where she is today—she’s so nice! She even introduced me to a couple of industry people and because there was room, I was moved up to the front row in the seat right next to her! Once the show started I was shocked to see the BIG NAME girls walking in the show including Abbey Lee Kershaw (who

I mentioned in a previous post), Anja Rubik and Karlie Kloss! These girls are at the top of their game and I was able to practically touch them from the front row (the runway wasn’t elevated).

(Pictures not from Willow)

http://www.modelinia.com/__wordpress__/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/abbey-lee-kershaw-anja-rubik-fendi.jpg and http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/0/3987/18_2008/18188444.preview.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fabsugar.com/Fab-Face-Karlie-Kloss-1589629&usg=__oR8p4Onz1aXZBJFEVULOOrdPktY=&h=550&w=365&sz=31&hl=en&start=19&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=9ju9Cta6ngcCjM:&tbnh=133&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkarlie%2Bkloss%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D18%26um%3D1

We shared a taxi back and spoke more about the show and her career. When I got back to the office, the Executive Fashion Editor at Large (who I did the swim shoot with) told me that they had almost used me as a model for the Today Show!!! For whatever reason they chose not to, but informed me that they will definitely use me at some point for the Today Show or Good Morning America (and probably more than once during this semester) if I was okay with that (honestly, they didn’t even have to ask)!! Whether they use me or not (which I hope they do), I was just honored that they remembered me and thought about using me for something like this!

The next show I went to was Charlotte Ronson at 8:00pm at the Promenade (the tent at Bryant Park).
I went over to my seat, which had a goody bag on it and used the time before the show to people watch. This was a much bigger venue and show—I spotted Rev Run’s son and daughter, Diggy and Angela (apparently Solange—Beyonce’s sister, was there as well)! The show was packed!
That's them! I promise!

Then headed next door to the Kati Stern show. There, I spotted Patrick McDonald from Bravo TV’s Launch My Line. He seems pretty fabulous! Also, more goody bags!

Click on the following link to read his bio: http://www.bravotv.com/launch-my-line/bio/patrick-mcdonald

Then, I headed home—exhausted!

Sorry for the delay! Once I upload all of my pictures and video, I will report on the shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment