Monday, February 1, 2010

Today Show Tomorrow

Ugh, it was so hard waking up at 7:15am for work this morning, even after nine hours of sleep. My Monday, which started out like most Mondays at the internship (see previous entry) ended up taking some exciting and unexpected turns! Today I was informed that I will be assisting on another photo shoot tomorrow! Tomorrow is the big swim shoot and there will be 15 or so subjects modeling! It is going to be a long day (especially with a 7:00am call time) but I’m excited to gain the experience! So the schedule looks like this:

7:00am Fashion

8:00am Photo Crew

9:00am Hair, Makeup and Subjects

(Fabiane’s Catering)!

The day will begin by unpacking the trunks of clothes (swimsuits) and getting everything organized (jewelry, purses, hats, towels etc.). Then, as the models finished shooting their looks (they will change multiple times) we will have to take pictures of the looks for the credits. At the end of the day we will pack everything back up! Tomorrow I will specify exactly what I did. What makes this shoot different, however, is the fact that the Today Show will be filming, so we have been told to dress cute (not that we don’t already)!! I know that tomorrow will involve a lot of running around so I’m not going to wear heels…It’s going to be hectic and exciting!

In other news, as I was getting on the elevator today, I ran into Grace Coddington (the creative director of Vogue magazine)! Prior to watching The September Issue (a documentary about Anna Wintour and the makings of a September issue) I would not have been fazed, but I now realize that she is a very powerful and influential voice at Vogue (often overshadowed by Mrs. Wintour). I did see the Editor-In-Chief herself getting onto an elevator about a month ago, but it was only from afar (you can recognize that woman from a mile away). While Grace Coddington merely glanced in my direction, it is still very thrilling to see the people that make the fashion world spin and what I hope to aspire to one day!

Just to prove that the world is totally unfair, I thought I would share with you what I saw and overheard today. During a model casting, a beautiful, tall and oh so thin model came in who just did a shoot for sports illustrated. The best part is that she is in school, pursuing a degree at—guess where?? HARVARD! Beauty and brains, what a combo! Good for her, why not? So don’t assume that all models are brainless for she completely discredits this statement!

Well, 7:00am call time, got to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment