Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Style Icons

I feel I should start sharing with my readers where I find my fashion inspirations, who I look up to and who defines personal style. So here is a first glimpse:

My Style Icons: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen

The Olsen twins have come a long way from their stint on the television series Full House, and the duo shows no sign of slowing down. MK and Ashley have found much success throughout their 25 short years, building an empire around TV, movies, Dualstar entertainment company,books, fragrances, magazines, dolls, posters and clothing lines.



The twins' have maintained their celebrity status largely in part of their fashion and clothing choices. In fact, "...the New York Times declar[ed] Mary-Kate a fashion icon for pioneering her signature (and now popular among celebrities and fans alike) "homeless" look." Mary-Kate and Ashley have distinct styles (Mary-Kate bohemian and edgy while Ashley tends towards the chic) but together they create magic. The pair created two fashion lines starting in 2007 which include The Row (couture) and Elizabeth And James (named for their siblings and is more contemporary) and are currently working on their next: Stylemint.com. "The site “will meld e-commerce and social media platforms to offer consumers a personalized shopping experience, based on a monthly opt-out model, similar to book-, music- and wine-of-the-month clubs," describes WWD.





These girls are my style gurus...what I wouldn't give to raid their closets!

Downtown Nordstrom, Seattle Washington for an Elizabeth And James private shopping event. Wish I could have been there!

Photos courtesy of olsensanonymous.blogspot.com and fashionnetworkseattle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment